I wrote down the name of the coffee shop I was in earlier and am in now--Oasis coffee Beautiful family: Graceful & Cosy Greenland Coffee Island. At night, though, the dive bar feel is lost--all the lamps are lit, there are Christmas lights and nice music, and the place overall lives up to the word "cosy." It's empty except for me.
I just went for a walk and decided to write down some of the things I saw. I'll post them here for your benefit:
- A toy poodle with its ears dyed pink.
- A girl trying to describe something to a friend, making a sound like a train.
- Construction workers wearing wicker helmets.
- Three 15-year-old boys in dress pants and no shirts drinking beer at a table.
- Three men on motorcycles wearing construction helmets.
- Someone who yelled "Hello!" to me and gestured with his hand at an entranceway covered with a dirty towel.
- Girls practicing a dance in front of a school gate.
- An open door covered with a picture of Santa Claus, through which I could see a dark, narrow stairwell up.